10 things that made us smile this week
There seems to be a fairly broad consensus that the world is a bit of a dumpster fire at the moment, but that perspective doesn’t account for the countless examples of beauty, goodness, and hope we see all around us when we look for them.
If you’re looking for reasons to smile, here are ten from this week that’ll give you a dose of joy and boost your faith in humanity.
1. A phlebotomist taking a moment to create breathtaking beauty on his work break.
Healthcare workers have had it rough over the past year and a half as the world battles the COVID-19 pandemic. And yet, through it all, we’ve seen extraordinary resilience and fortitude to carry on through the challenges. Teva Martinson, a phlebotomist at University of Utah Hospital, creates a moment of artistic beauty during a work break with the help of the lobby pianist, and it’s everything.
Read the full story here.
A moment of pure joy at University of Utah Hospital❤️
#uofuhealth #universityofutahhealth https://t.co/kiuBPs6cbA
— University of Utah Health (@UofUHealth)
2. Singer Shawn Louisiana nailing a Sam Cooke song at the barbershop.
Sometimes a voice shoots like an arrow straight into your soul, and Shawn Louisiana singing “A Change is Gonna Come” for the clientele at a barbershop is one of those times. So gorgeous. Smooth like butter. Definitely worth a listen.
Read the full story here.
The older guy didn’t think I could pull off a Sam Cooke song #achangegonnacome
3. A grandpa giving a young woman notes of their time together when she was little.
Aw dang, this is too sweet. This grandpa gave a woman three notebooks filled with stories of each time he hung out with her from ages two to five for her birthday. What a precious, forward-thinking gift.
4. Can we please have all meteorologists get a doggo sidekick?
The pandemic has turned live broadcasts into a family affair and if we keep anything from this era, pet interruptions should be it. A weather report without a dog looking for treats just isn’t a weather report anymore. (The dog’s name is Storm because of course it is.)
5. This baby loves her mama. And her mama’s cheeks, and lips, and eyes, and cheeks, and forehead, and chin, and cheeks….
Hold onto your ovaries if you have them, folks, because this baby gushing with love for her mama and all her mama’s body parts is just too precious. “I wuv all of ’em, Mommy.”
6. These before and after photos of kids on their first day of school are hilariously real.
These photos say it all, don’t they? We totally feel you, kiddos. Sometimes we look like this at the end of a long day, too. Read the full story and see more photos here.
7. Watch this guy surprise drive-up window food workers with big tips.
Food service workers have had a rough go of it during the pandemic, too, so seeing them get a larger-than-expected tip is super sweet. They’re all so grateful and humble about it, too. People can be so good.
Watch this video and try not to smile — it’s impossible 😁
Everyone needs to be more like these people. If you can… https://t.co/pPN2YHPaOk
— Brad Beauregard Jr 🇺🇸 (@BradBeauregardJ)
8. This woman collects food that stores were going to throw away and gives it to people who need it.
It seems like such a simple concept, but someone has to actually make it happen. Fourteen years ago, Claudia Wheeler started to rescue food that was going to go to waste and now runs a foundation that helps that rescued food to get to people experiencing food insecurity. Wonderful, dedicated, inspiring woman.
9. This adorable dalmatian and kitten video because these kinds of videos never, ever get old.
Seriously, even when everything seems like it sucks, a sweet dog-and-cat video can always bring a smile to your face. It’s the law or something. How could anyone not smile at this?
Stop it! 😅 https://t.co/ibRgAVzXHE
— Buitengebieden (@buitengebieden_)
10. When all else fails, watch a dog do somersaults with his best friend on a trampoline.
Pretty sure this is the definition of pure joy.
The world is hot trash at the moment so watch this and enjoy your day. https://t.co/FnVtLvLF3j
— Fenrir (@semibogan)
Hope that list lightened your load, friends. Keep on joy-scrolling!
Link: Read More